AAUW promotes equity for all women and girls, lifelong education and positive societal change. Founded in 1881, with now 100,000 individual members and 1,300 college/institution partners, AAUW is the oldest and largest national organization working for the advancement of women.
AAUW Mountain Lakes Area Branch…
• Join the 90+ members of the Mountain Lakes Area Branch—Graduates with an associate or equivalent degree, baccalaureate or higher degree, or an international equivalent. Geographic area includes, but is not limited to, Mountain Lakes, Denville, Boonton, Boonton Township, Montville, Parsippany and Rockaway. If you are new to AAUW and/or Morris County, contact Laura for more info.
- AAUW Members-at-Large are invited to drop by a meeting to become acquainted with our Branch activities. (Membership for further information)
Join us/Renew. We add AAUW members through the year AAUW:
$75 membership expires June 30, 2014
(Don’t forget to Give-a-Grad a Gift of membership)
• Offers monthly Programs—alternating day and evening—with outstanding speakers and learning trips. (See Programs)
Come to the Fall Open House, September 12, 2013, 3-5 p.m., at Marti Weinstein’s – bring a guest!
• Provides Scholarships for local college women. Read about 2013 Recipients on Scholarship page.
• Click Fundraising for the details of 2013 scholarship/branch benefit events.
— Mad Hatter Tea/Card Party at Franciscan Oaks — netted $
— Wine Tasting Fundraiser— raised $761
— Holiday Brunch raffle of merchant gift certificates — added $475
— Holiday Brunch 50/50 — $
A big thank-you to the following gift certificate contributors:
Mara’s Café & Bakery, Denville; Rockaway Lanes, Rockaway; Baadshah Restaurant, Parsippany; Joy Nails, Boonton; Fusha Restaurant/Sushi Bar, Parsippany; HK Salon, Denville; Applebee’s, Parsippany; Lady Kay, Denville; Gourmet Café, Parsippay; Freedom Nails, Parsippany; Duane Edwards Salon, Wharton; and Lakeland YMCA, Mountain Lakes.
— Member solicitation — $
— May Luncheon Jewelry Boutique — $249 (designated to Eleanor Roosevelt Fund)
• Sponsors lively Enrichment Groups matched to members’ interests. (See Enrichment Groups)
• Offers Community activities including:
- Mountain Lakes Fall UN Weekend
• Dialogues on State and National AAUW Public Policy issues. (See Public Policy).
• Arranges sparkling Social gatherings.
• Publishes The Chrysalis, a monthly newsletter e-mailed to members. Subscription for receiving a hardcopy of the newsletter by mail is $10; contact Chrysalis Editor Adrienne Lesser. You may view the latest issue of the Chrysalis, by clicking chrysalis Jan 2014.
• Member Honors. We would like to hear from you.
— $500 was given in honor of the designated 2013 Eleanor Roosevelt Named Grant Honoree; Sue Wagner.
Send the webmaster news of your promotions, achievements, and awards.
Contact the President: Candace Shanks