AAUW promotes equity for all women and girls, lifelong education and positive societal change. Founded in 1881, with now 170,000 individual members and 1,800 college/institution partners, AAUW is the oldest and largest national organization working for the advancement of women.
AAUW Mountain Lakes Area Branch…
• Join the 90+ members of the Mountain Lakes Area Branch—Graduates with an associate or equivalent degree, baccalaureate or higher degree, or an international equivalent. Geographic area includes, but is not limited to, Mountain Lakes, Denville, Boonton, Boonton Township, Montville, Parsippany and Rockaway. If you are new to AAUW and/or Morris County, contact Laura for more info.
– AAUW Members-at-Large are invited to drop by a meeting to become acquainted with our Branch activities. (Membership for further information)
Join us/Renew. We add AAUW members through the year AAUW:
$75 membership expires June 30, 2014
(Don’t forget to Give-a-Grad a Gift of membership)
• Offers monthly Programs—alternating day and evening—with outstanding speakers and learning trips. (See Programs)
Come to the Fall Open House, September 26, 2014, 3-5 p.m., at Marti Weinstein’s!
Please bring a friend that you think might be interested in joining AAUW to help empower women and girls.
- Learn what issues are important for us to support.
- Meet Jessica Valiente, a 2014 national AAUW fellowship awardee, who lives right here in New Jersey.
- Learn more about our upcoming programs and our enrichment groups, and
- Discover two great opportunities to participate with other branches in the Garden State.
See you at the Open House!
• Provides Scholarships for local college women. Read about 2014 Recipients on Scholarship page.
• Sponsors lively Enrichment Groups matched to members’ interests. (See Enrichment Groups)
• Offers Community activities including:
– Mountain Lakes Fall UN Weekend
• Dialogues on State and National AAUW Public Policy issues. (See Public Policy).
• Arranges sparkling Social gatherings.
• Publishes The Chrysalis, a monthly newsletter e-mailed to members. Subscription for receiving a hardcopy of the newsletter by mail is $10; contact Chrysalis Editor Adrienne Lesser. You may view the latest issue of the Chrysalis, by clicking chrysalisseptember 2014-2.
• Member Honors. We would like to hear from you.
— $500 was given in honor of the designated 2014 Eleanor Roosevelt Named Grant Honoree; Barbara Colwell.
Contact the President: Candace Shanks